The John Amico School of Hair Design and School of Esthetics is a reputed Beauty School in Chicago is accredited by NACCAS and AACS. The two popular courses that this school offers are Cosmetology and Esthetics. While Cosmetology deals with the transformation of the outer appearance with the help of hairstyling, waxing, and makeup, Esthetics is more of a medical-type branch that deals with skincare from not only the outside but from within as well.
The subjects that these courses cover include the following:
Cosmetology: The Cosmetology course from the John Amico School of Hair Design is a complete and a comprehensive course where a person obtains the overall knowledge and training of salon services. The subjects under this course are:
- Hairdressing, hair treatments, shampooing, conditioning, cutting, thinning, chemical treatments, hair attachments, coloring, highlighting, waving and Marcel.
- Basics of makeup with all the techniques for foundation, base, highlighting, airbrush makeup, etc.
- An Introduction to Esthetics with training in basic facials, massage, brow arching, and anatomy.
- Safety and Shop Management with Interpersonal Skills, such as personal grooming and hygiene, emergency first aid, the study of the Sanitary Regulations for Beauty Culture Shops; labor law, and marketing.
- Basic training of tools and their use, sanitation and hygiene, skin diseases and conditions, anatomy and physiology.
- Nail Technology with nail care and nail art.
Esthetics: The Esthetics Program from the John Amico School of Hair Design is one of the best Facial training courses in Chicago as it gives the in-depth knowledge of the biology of the skin and advanced skincare solutions. The subjects under this course are:
- History of skincare, personal hygiene, and public health, professional ethics, and sterilization, introduction to skin analysis, skincare, and facial treatments.
- Cells, metabolism and body systems, bacteriology, physiology and histology of the skin, human anatomy, chemistry and disorders of the skin and special esthetics procedures.
- Non-therapeutic massage, nutrition, and health of skin, skin analysis, facial treatments, hair removal methods, professional makeup techniques, and product knowledge.
- Business Practices, Illinois Barber, Cosmetology, Esthetics, and Nail Technology Act and
Rules Management, OSHA standards relating to chemical use.